Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer Fashion Essentials

Hello everyone!
Hope you are all having a great Wednesday. Today I will be sharing some of my must have fashion items for surviving summer in Florida... or really anywhere. These are all items I reach for every summer, and can not live without now that I am in Florida and summer is here all year round. 

Lately, I have been super into wearing hats. And if you know me, you know this is huge, because I used to loathe hats. When I was at Cracker Barrel of all places, I found these two adorable hats that I have been obsessed with! Personally, on myself, I love the way fedoras look. It took me the longest time to find a style of hat that I like on myself, so just keep trying if you don't like a certain style. 



I have also really been liking floppy hats, for days of lounging at the pool, or lying on the beach. This hat I found at Target. I love leopard print anything, so when I saw this, I knew I had to get it.

While we are still on the topic of head accessories, I thought I would throw this in as well. Now this is a trend that I have seen for awhile now, and I love it! Using a bandanna as a headband, genius right! Thank you to my wonderful big sister for being my head model for these photos, (I could not get a decent photo of how I style them on myself). In case you were wondering, I picked up my bandanna from Walmart for $1, and folded to the thickness I prefer. 




Dresses dresses dresses! I have become obsessed with dresses, especially during the summer. All the dresses I am going to show you are all pretty casual, and can be worn daily. Or you can add accessories to dress the outfit up. 


 The blue dress above is from Target. If you are taller than 5'4, I would not recommend this dress. I am 5'3 and it hits me around my mid thigh, but I have read reviews on the website that it can be really short if you are tall. 


This beautiful purple skater dress is from Charming Charlie. The dress I linked for you here, is not the same color, but it is the same dress. For reference, this dress hits me an inch or two above the knee, so it would be appropriate if you are taller as well.  


The cream baby-doll dress above is from Forever 21. It reminds me of a "boho" look, something pretty different from what I usually go for. Nonetheless its adorable and very flattering. 


Lastly for the dresses, is this maxi dress from Love Culture. I got this over a year ago, and its still in mint condition. Sadly, I can not find this exact one anywhere. but maxi dresses can be found all around. I have this particular one in black and this nude-brown color because I love it so much. The dress is also a petite size, I recommend finding petite maxi dresses to anyone who is shorter. 

Now onto shoes! I have had many  pairs of sandals. Sadly, they have all become very worn out and fall apart within weeks of wear. I have done some research for you, and have found a brand of sandals that will last years! I have heard nothing but good things about this style of sandals and can not wait to try them.  The Sam Edelman "gigi's."  The next pair of sandals I buy will be these in leopard print.


Lastly, are my sunglasses. I could not survive one day without a pair of sunglasses anywhere. I recently picked up this pair from Charming Charlie. They are just a simple pair of rose-gold ray bans. Seriously, I can not stress enough to you how important sunglasses are. They protect your little delicate eyeballs from harsh light, and prevent you from squinting in the light and getting fine lines that none of us want. Wear your sunglasses!!!!


 I hope you enjoyed this fashion post, and a little insight of my summer wardrobe. What are some of your summer essentials? If you have any requests on things you would like to see, leave it in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment