Monday, April 6, 2015

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush Review

Cream blushes are amazing for warm weather, which is all year here in Florida, because they will stick to your skin and act as stain, or a base for other blushes. Powder blushes can look cakey and unnatural in hot weather, but cream blushes blend into the skin much nicer. 
This is the first cream blush I have found that really impresses me. First off, I am not a huge blush wearer, but when I do wear blush I want it to look great. And for $8, Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush delivers. 



I picked up color 15 Rose Petal, which is a muted coral pink shade with subtle shimmer. The shimmer is almost undetectable on the cheeks, but it give the skin a healthy glow. I absolutely love this color, it is perfect for everyday wear. 
This blush claims to feel light weight like a powder, yet melt into the skin like a cream. Which is completely true. 


The consistency of this blush is also like a really pliable play dough. To apply it I tap my pointer finger and middle finer into the blush to pick up product, and use those definers to gently blend it on my cheeks. Another way I like to apply it is with the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Contour brush
After I apply this blush, I usually set it with another blush, or translucent powder because I have oily skin and live in hot and humid Florida. 


Top; blended out swatch
Bottom; swatch

This product has good pigmentation, it is not completely opaque when applied to the cheeks, but I love that. Like I said earlier, I am not a big blush wearer, so the more sheer a blush, the better. This blush can also be built up to be very opaque. 

I hope you pick up one of these Bouncy blushes, they are incredible! I can't wait to get more colors!!

No comments:

Post a Comment