Monday, June 22, 2015

Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer Review

After trying what seems like every concealer ever, I stumbled across this when I was at Ulta a few weeks ago. And after testing it many times, I know this is it. I have finally found my holy grail under eye concealer. 
This is the Rimmel London Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer. It claims to be a 2 in 1 concealer and highlighter, conceal signs of fatigue, highlight and illuminate the eye area, and have a soft precision brush for the delicate under eye area. In my experience, all of these claims are true. In addition to the claims Rimmel makes, this concealer is lightweight, and does not crease, or sweat off (with and without being set by a powder!). 
I purchased the shade 245 Light, which is a pinkish/salmon color, perfect for correcting and concealing the purple and blue tones of my entire eye area. Usually I have a hard time finding the perfect shade of concealer to correct the discoloration, the shades usually lean more yellow or white which emphasizes what I am trying to correct and conceal. Luckily, that was not the case this time. In the Ulta where I bought this concealer Rimmel did not have a large variety of colors for this product, so be sure to look online if you do not see a color that matches you. 


After moisturizing my face and eye area, I apply this product to the entire eye area, and blend it in with my ring finger or a dense concealer brush. If I am in a rush or am not wearing any other makeup, I will not set this concealer, and it stays crease proof all day long! This is the first concealer I have ever used that does not crease, yay! If I do end up setting my under eye area, I will use a small amount of translucent powder and it will look fresh all day long with no creasing. 

Here are some before and after pictures showing how well this corrects all the discoloration around my eyes. These pictures wash me out a little bit, and make my dark circles and discoloration look better, but you can still see the amazing difference this concealer makes!


Left eye - concealed, right eye - no concealer. You can really see how well this concealer covers in these images. It hides the veins and purple tones perfectly!






With both eyes concealed I look more awake/fresh and less sick/tired. 


I love that I can wear just this concealer, and no other makeup and look fresh and awake without looking like I have on any makeup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment