Prom is coming up quick, and I wanted to get a tutorial up for a look I would wear to prom. I chose to go with a brown smokey eye because it will go with a lot of different dresses.
Even if you are not going to prom, I hope you enjoy this tutorial!
1. Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion
2. Use a small amount of concealer as a base, and to conceal any veins or lid discoloration
3. Take a small piece of tape and apply it from the edge of the lower lash line to the brow
4. With a fluffy brush, apply Strange all over the eyelid, brow bone, and inner corner
5. (optional) Use a creamy brown eyeliner or base on the eyelids and blend slightly with a flat shader brush, this will make the lid color last longer, and use this color to tight line your upper water line
6. Blend Limit into the crease as a transition color, diffusing the edges of the brow highlight and brown base
7. With the same blending brush, apply Nooner just into the crease below Limit
8. Pack Factory onto the lid directly on top of the brown base, do not apply this color into the crease, and leave the inner corner free of this color
9. Using your finger of a small flat brush, apply Burnout into the inner corner
10. Remove tape and apply concealer to your under eye area, and set it with a powder
11. Line your water line using NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk, you can choose to use a brown, black or other color liner instead
12. With a fluffy pencil brush blend Nooner onto the lower lash line, smoke it out as far as you would like
13. With a flat definer brush, apply Factory closely against the lower lash liner, and blend lightly with Nooner on the pencil brush
14. Apply liquid liner, I only went about half way to make my eyes appear more open
15. Apply tons of mascara, and lashes if you've got 'em!
I love this look so much, it looks amazing on all eye colors and looks great in photos! If I were to wear this look for prom I would use a pale pink of nude lipstick, such as MACs Angel, Please Me, Brave, or Myth.